Tuesday, June 12, 2007

broken elbow...


...sounds worse than it is but it is certainly a hindrance. i.e. heavy baby to pick up, dishes to wash, garden to weed and water. You know how it is. You need your elbow for lots of things. (Not typing really, or mouse-clicking apparently)

Yesterday, at about 8pm, I fell (in a clumsy and very boring way) and landed on the heel of my outstretched right hand. It took my breath away and I was suddenly transported back to when I was nine and fractured my wrist. Anyway, we went to the emergency room at 10ish and xrays were made of my elbow. By about midnight the diagnosis was a radial head fracture, or broken elbow.

Ibuprofen helps. And no, I don't have a cast or splint.

The above picture is an adorable tiny alpine wildflower. Alpine Azalea.
This is not in my garden, but up in the mountains near Anchorage.

3 comments:

Judy Martin said...

Poor darling baby. I remember when you fell from the play structure. I was talking about it just last month...I felt so badly about that. Take good care of yourself dear child.

Minsk! said...

oh no! really? i'm so sorry that happened. is taking care of everett okay with it? let me know if you need help...

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear these news. Not sure I can fly over to help (a little too far I think ! LOL), but I'd like to send you a little cheer-up something from here if that's okay with you ? let me know... and take care of yourself. sending warm get-well wishes XOXOXO