Tuesday, November 13, 2007

fresh snow.

Three inches, give or take.
It's beautiful. And now that the snow is finally here, I feel just great about getting excited about Christmas. Snow makes everything better. Winter is better with snow. It is officially winter when it snows. And now that it is here, I feel like I can tell that I'm busy outlining Christmas projects and making lists. Now, obviously I've been away from the computer for a while. My last post was a weak jack-o-lantern shot hastily carved during naptime. But, I have a lot on my plate.

Back to Christmas. Well, it's awkward because I'm busy working on presents for people who will likely be reading this (or maybe not) but I can loosely list the things I think are cool for this season of giving.

Handmade Holiday Cards (well, not the paper, but you know what I mean, at least not this year). I am a big fan of speedy cut block printing.
Small wearable wool gifts... quick to knit or stitch together from a felted sweater.
Playsilks... this idea I owe to Jill (not a blogger). She brought the beauty of this imaginative toy to my attention. I purchased some silk that I intend to dye while visiting my mother (hint, hint).
Online photo-printing services... like Shutterfly or Qoop. Flickr is associated with some of the best of them. I've become kind of attached to Qoop (that's the problem with these sites, once you upload photos, you're committed). At least they are having a 20% off everything sale which is really nice.

That's all for now. What are you working on?
Is Christmas still the furthest thing from your mind?
Lucky you.

I guess I'll show you Everett's gorilla costume. The light was bad and blah blah blah, he kept moving etc... but here it is.
Complete with a felt banana.

I'm going to try and squeeze in some skiing here this weekend.

1 comment:

TKr & PBr said...

You'll have to tell us more about the playsilks...I'm intrigued. Thank you for coming the other night, I'm sorry I didn't get to talk with you much. When do you head back east?