Saturday, September 19, 2009

the quilt. again.


I meant to post all last week, but my camera battery went missing. Excuses.
Just this morning I finished piecing the quilt top. And here it is, all pieced by hand - which is not as crazy as you think - it's only 33 x 38.5". You can hand-piece anywhere and work for just like 10 minutes and feel productive. Around here, getting the sewing machine arranged and fabric pieces organized in less than 10 minutes before interruption is mission impossible. With hand-piecing I can sit on the floor, at the table, on the couch, wherever the action is. Plus, if you are at all sloppy when you cut out the pieces or lazy about seam allowances, (guilty, and guilty but I don't care because) with hand sewing you can ease the pieces together more 'precisely' and keep the corners pointy. You do get little callouses on your finger tips though, from the needle pokes.

Next week I'm participating in a colour week, hosted by elsie marley. Up here in Alaska, we're well on our way to fall so I'm ready to document as much as I can. So stay tuned.

2 comments:

Judy Martin said...

fantastic!

meg said...

I just can't get over the awesomeness of this quilt--the colors especially. and it's hand done! unreal.