Tuesday, August 18, 2009

schedule of sanity.

So... I don't know how anybody gets anything done. Maybe everyone has secret little schedules.
I had a great cathartic chat with Tracie the other day and it gave me the kick in the a$$ I needed to regain control... well, ahem, attempt to regain some semblance of sanity/control. I made a list of the things I LIKE to do. I made a list of the things I HAVE to do. I made a list of things I WANT to do. I've done this before, but like with most things in life I quickly lose steam if things stop working as I planned.
I've revised my schedule. It might only last two weeks, but maybe it will last until the baby is born. Then I'll have to start from scratch again. Here it is...

My goal, at the very least is to clean something right after I finish my coffee... do my chores for one hour. Then that's it. I am a reluctant housekeeper. I love a clean and tidy house, but lately we've been swimming in disorder. Not filth... really, but just clutter and piles of avoidance. I can make the excuses... but well, other people manage, don't they? Therefore, I can too.

After my chores are done ( maybe I should start giving myself gold stars) then I'd like to be a good parent and do something relating to the theme that I've set up for that day. Then it's lunch time. Then I need to rest - which means reading book after book in bed to a toddler who is wiggly. Then I want to play outside or go for a walk or garden. Then I want to do something creative before I start dinner. I strongly suggest having a meal plan for the week in addition to the schedule.

I put the schedule in a place where only I look. I try to make it beautiful, but not overwork it. It acts as a guide. It's worked before, but I stopped using it before Christmas!?.
References:
Organic Housekeeping.
Heaven on Earth.
The Creative Family.
And...Wisecraft's 'the art of cleaning'.

This was my old schedule.

1 comment:

TKr & PBr said...

Well done Oona, I'm going to make mine this weekend-thank you for the inspiration and ideas!